|Chain Model||Roller Chains|
|Structure (for Chain)||Roller Chain|
|Specification||GB/T, DIN, ANSI, ISO, BS, JIS.|
Wolff Chain Co. is 1 of the professional chain manufacturers in China. We focus on reseaching, manufacturing and trading of the chain drive with famous brands — “DOVON” and “DECHO”. We supply OEM services for many famous enterprises such as SUZUKI, XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS., FAW, AGCO, JUMING as well.
Wolff mainly producing the Transmission chains,Conveyor chains,Dragging Chains,Silent chains,Leaf chains,Roller chains,Special chain and many other series of chain products. Our technicians a have improved the chains quality to the world-level. High quality material selection, powerful and precise heat-treatment technology and excellent assembly methods ensure Wolff chains meet the tough and strict requirements for machines and vehicles.
All of our products completely conform to the international standard such as ISO\DIN\ANSI\BS\JIS, etc. Wolff has been successfully certified by ISO9001 Quality Management System,SGS inspection and BV inspection. Wolff chains can be widely applied to many industries including automobile, motorcycle, forklift, wood processing machine, constructure machine, packing machine, food machine,tobacco machine and agricultural equipments. Wolff chains are popular in America,South America,Europe,Middle East, South East Asia and Africa markets.
our heat treatment factory show
production line show
|Standard or Nonstandard:||Standard|
|Application:||Textile Machinery, Garment Machinery, Conveyer Equipment, Packaging Machinery, Food Machinery, Marine, Mining Equipment|
|Surface Treatment:||Oil Blooming|
|Type:||Short Pitch Chain|
What are the advantages of using a silent chain in an industrial application?
A silent chain, also known as an inverted tooth chain or toothed belt, offers several advantages when used in industrial applications:
1. Quiet operation: Silent chains are designed to minimize noise during operation. The toothed design allows for smooth engagement and disengagement of the chain, resulting in reduced noise levels compared to other chain types. This is particularly beneficial in applications where noise reduction is important, such as in indoor environments or noise-sensitive areas.
2. High load-carrying capacity: Silent chains are capable of carrying heavy loads due to their robust construction. The interlocking toothed design provides excellent power transmission capabilities, allowing for efficient transfer of high torque and load-bearing capacity. This makes silent chains suitable for applications that require heavy-duty performance.
3. Precise positioning and synchronization: Silent chains provide precise positioning and synchronization between the driving and driven components. The toothed profile ensures accurate motion control, making them ideal for applications that require precise timing, such as conveyors, robotics, and automated systems.
4. Low maintenance requirements: Silent chains require minimal maintenance compared to other chain types. The toothed design reduces the need for frequent lubrication, tensioning, and adjustments. This results in lower maintenance costs and less downtime for maintenance activities.
5. High efficiency: Silent chains have high power transmission efficiency due to their positive engagement between the teeth. This means that less energy is wasted during operation, resulting in improved overall system efficiency.
6. Durability and longevity: Silent chains are designed to withstand demanding industrial environments. They are constructed from high-quality materials, such as alloy steel or stainless steel, which provide excellent strength, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance. This ensures a long service life and reduces the need for frequent replacements.
7. Wide range of applications: Silent chains can be used in various industrial applications, including power transmission systems, conveyors, packaging machinery, printing presses, machine tools, and automotive timing systems. Their versatility makes them suitable for a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, automotive, food processing, and pharmaceutical.
Overall, the advantages of using a silent chain in an industrial application include quiet operation, high load-carrying capacity, precise positioning, low maintenance requirements, high efficiency, durability, and versatility. These benefits make silent chains a preferred choice for many industrial applications where reliable and efficient power transmission is required.
What are the common causes of industrial chain failures?
Industrial chain failures can occur due to various factors:
- Excessive load: Applying a load that exceeds the chain’s capacity can lead to stress and failure. It is important to consider the chain’s rated load and choose the appropriate chain for the application.
- Inadequate lubrication: Insufficient or improper lubrication can result in increased friction and wear, leading to premature chain failure. Regular lubrication with the recommended lubricant and following the manufacturer’s guidelines is crucial.
- Improper tensioning: Incorrect chain tension can cause misalignment, premature wear, and failure. Proper tensioning ensures optimal performance and longevity of the chain.
- Misalignment: Poor alignment between the sprockets can cause the chain to wear unevenly and increase the risk of failure. Proper alignment of the sprockets is essential for smooth operation.
- Wear and tear: Continuous use without proper maintenance and regular inspection can result in chain fatigue, elongation, and eventual failure. Regular inspection and timely replacement of worn-out components are necessary to prevent failure.
- Corrosion: Exposure to corrosive environments can weaken the chain material and compromise its integrity. Using corrosion-resistant chains or applying appropriate coatings can mitigate the risk of corrosion-related failures.
- Lack of maintenance: Neglecting routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning, lubrication, and inspection can lead to chain degradation and eventual failure. Regular maintenance is essential to ensure optimal chain performance and longevity.
What lubrication is recommended for industrial chains?
Choosing the right lubrication for industrial chains is essential to ensure their smooth operation and longevity. Here are some commonly recommended lubricants for industrial chains:
- Chain Oil: Chain oils are specifically formulated for industrial chain applications. They have excellent penetration and adhesion properties, providing lubrication to the chain’s internal components. Chain oils often have anti-wear and anti-corrosion additives to protect against friction and moisture.
- Grease: Greases designed for industrial chain lubrication offer good adhesion and cling properties. They provide a protective film that stays in place even under high loads and temperatures. Greases can provide long-lasting lubrication and are suitable for applications where oil may not be suitable or accessible.
- Dry Film Lubricants: Dry film lubricants, such as PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) or molybdenum disulfide-based coatings, are applied as a thin film to the chain. They create a low-friction barrier between the chain components, reducing wear and enhancing performance. Dry film lubricants are particularly useful in applications where oil or grease may attract dirt, dust, or contaminants.
When selecting a lubricant for industrial chains, consider factors such as operating conditions, temperature, load, speed, and environmental conditions. It’s important to consult the chain manufacturer’s recommendations and follow their guidelines for lubrication intervals and application methods. Regular lubrication and maintenance will help reduce friction, wear, and the risk of chain failures in industrial applications.
editor by CX 2023-09-06